The site is open

John
Site Admin

The site is open

Post by John »

This is the forum at mirrorswarm.com/forum

The wiki is at mirrorswarm.com/wiki

At the moment, separate registration is needed on each.

John
Site Admin

Re: The site is open

Post by John »

I just had to clear browser cookies to log back on here, I'm not sure why.

John
Site Admin

Re: The site is open

Post by John »

The forum rejects registration and posts from any IP, username or email address blacklisted at stopforumspam.com and has a deterrent captcha before sending verify requests. The site management apologizes for the inconvenience but it does reduce manual spam intervention to a couple a week instead of a thousand.

Global mods can tidy threads, delete posts and suspend users (that's a euphemism for ban). Scaling the site involves asking regular posters if they'd accept the responsibility and be street-sweepers on behalf of the rest of us. Without it the site would rapidly clog up with rogue SEO manipulation. Other than having a different colour username the mods are here to do what the rest of us are doing, there's no ranking system.

If anyone feels there's a need for local mods too, please let me know. Similarly if anyone is being bullied, affronted, harassed or ignored. Wikipedia's editorial recommendation on assuming good faith and being helpful to other applies here as might the community guidance at https://www.openprocessing.org/home/comg, we're far too small to use local or global adjudication, this will involve benevolent management tyranny but I promise in exchange to be as unfailingly polite as I can. I apologize in advance for not being an expert in any field.

My email address on this domain is john if anyone needs to bypass the forum, or there is the private message system. Either will get my attention.